Surprise Your Mother with a Mother’s Day Gift Hamper
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
A mother’s love for her child is the epitome of selfless love and devotion. From the moment the child arrives into the world, a mother has an instinctive understanding of her newborn’s needs. This unrelenting focus continues, as the years pass and the child becomes an adult, with little or no expectation of anything in return. Some might even say that a mother’s job is never ending and the most unrewarded in the world.
Therefore, it is only fitting that we have a special day known as Mother’s Day, to thank our mothers for all their love and support, and to recognise the sacrifices they have made.
Mother’s Day celebrations across cultures and time
Mother’s Day is today celebrated with great joy in many countries across the globe. Most countries mark the occasion on the second Sunday of May, while others celebrate it at different times in the year depending on local traditions.
Although the present day Mother’s Day celebrations are a relatively new phenomenon, throughout history there have been festivals commemorating the spirit of motherly love. Starting with the ancient Greeks and Romans who had annual spring festivals dedicated to their goddesses, to early Christians who held an annual celebration in dedication of Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus Christ. Until the 19th century, ‘Mothering Sunday’ was celebrated in England with children gifting flowers and gifts to their mothers.
The Mother’s Day celebrations as we know it is thanks to an American by the name of Anna Jarvis. She lobbied long and hard with the US government for dedicating a day to all mothers. She succeeded finally in 1911 and Mother’s Day has grown in popularity ever since.
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Abraham Lincoln once famously quoted, “All than I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother”. Mother’s Day is around the corner (11th of May this year) and finding the perfect gift can be daunting.
Your mother will probably be happy with just a long phone call. However, the best Mother’s Day gift is one that conveys not only thoughtfulness, but also makes your mother feel incredibly loved.
Depending on her likes and preferences, you could give her a number of Mother’s Day gifts. Here are some thoughtful gift ideas–
- Spend the entire day with her shopping, watching a movie, and wind it up with a dinner at a nice restaurant.
- Prepare a collage of your favourite pictures of her and you, over the years
- If you are talented with the paintbrush, paint her a portrait or a landscape picture for her room.
- Treat her to a session at her favourite spa.
- Get your siblings together and serve her a grand home-cooked meal.
- Send your parents on a weekend getaway (after all your father deserves to be appreciated as well!).
- Write her a long- letter expressing thanks for everything she has done for you, and capturing your fondest memories of her.
- Buy her a vintage bottle of wine or champagne, along with exquisite chocolates
- Send her a vibrant bouquet of flowers, along with a beautiful Mother’s Day card
- Delight your mother with a lovely gift hamper. Receiving an assorted gift hamper of the finest beverages and gourmet treats will surely make your mother’s day extra special.
Gift Hampers – the Most Versatile Mother’s Day Gift
Of all these gift ideas, perhaps sending a gift hamper is one of the most versatile. Here are three reasons why a gift hampers makes an ideal Mother’s Day Gift –
~ You can vary choose a gift hamper that contains items your mother has a special fondness for. You can send a gift hamper containing traditional food items such as wine, champagne and caviar, exclusive hand-made chocolate, strawberries, a delectable box of cookies, premium tea/ coffee, and even vegan and gluten free goodies. Alternatively, you can pamper your mother with a gift hamper containing luxurious bath and body care products, along with spa gift cards.
~ The other big advantage of sending is the element of surprise. Imagine the look of pure joy on her face when she opens the door and finds out that you have sent her an exclusive gift hamper.
~ If you are unable to find the time to plan a Mother’s Day gift, simply order a gift hamper online. All you need to do is visit our website and select a gift hamper that is sure to delight your mother.
This Mother’s Day express your love and admiration for your mother through our exclusive range of gift hampers. For instance –
- To pamper your mother send her the Salus Relaxation Set containing lavender & mandarin hand & cuticle cream, grapefruit & jasmine body cleanser, lemongrass & rosewood soy wax candle and organic lemon myrtle & ginger heat pillow.
- If she has a sweet tooth and loves her coffee, then send her Luxury Gift Basketcontaining Danish cookies, Venchi Chocolates, Belgium Premium Butter Biscuits, Australian Organic Times Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans and Choc-o-lait Hot Chocolate Stick.
All our gift hampers are contained in beautifully handcrafted white or brown wicker baskets, accompanied with a complimentary message card to convey your personalised Mother’s Day wishes
Ordering a Mother’s Day gift hamper is simple. For delivering anywhere in Hong Kong, all you need to do is give us a call on (852) 2730 0885 or(852) 2730 0839; or send us an email ([email protected]). You can also order directly through our website //gifthampers.com.hk/.
If you would like the hamper to be accompanied with gorgeous bouquet of flowers, visit our website //giftflowers.com.hk/ to choose from a variety of floral arrangements