Are you still thinking up the perfect gift at Christmas?
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
People all over the world come together to celebrate Christmas on December 25th. While most would not consider Hong Kong as a traditional location to visit for Christmas fun, residents do consider the holiday to be an official one. Of course, exchanging gifts is among the most common Christmas traditions for locals and visitors alike. Don’t forget to share a wonderful gift basket or treat with your loved ones this year!
The History of Christmas
In Christian religions, Christmas is typically a holiday to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Of course, there are also many non-Christians who celebrate the holiday in a cultural sense. While the exact date of Christ’s birth remains unknown, most of the world recognizes it as December 25th.
Today, people around the world celebrate the holiday with wreaths, garlands, pine trees and bright lights. Revelers exchange presents and feast on delicious meals with family and friends. The myth of Santa Claus also prevails during this time, encouraging children to obey their parents lest they receive coal in their stockings instead of presents.
Hong Kong Christmas Celebrations
Shopping is a common winter activity for Hong Kong residents, especially in the final days leading up to Christmas as everybody rushes to fill those stockings.
Of course, the holiday is really about being surrounded by family members and friends. This is where Christmas dinner comes in. A delicious turkey is commonly served to the family, and many families travel during this time to enjoy entertainment and traditional feast items with relatives who live far away.
Winterfest is among Hong Kong’s most elaborate Christmas celebrations. Winterfest is held in Central and appears to be just like any winter wonderland. The large tree in the middle consists of more than 200 gorgeous ornaments.
Many Hong Kong residents who are Christians will attend religious services as part of the holiday celebration. This is an important component of the holiday for many families.
The Victoria Harbor also offers a light show each night during the season, also known as the Christmas Symphony of Lights. The event includes a fine display of choreography with music, lights and lasers.
Visiting theme parks is common too. Disneyland decks out its park each year with trees, fake snow and ornate lights. It is hard not to get into the Christmas spirit with so much going on!
Surprise Your Beloved
Are you still trying to think up the perfect gift for that “special someone” in your life? You don’t have to look far. A gift hamper is perfectly suitable to send a sweet message that the person in your life matters to you.
In addition to a gift basket, why not throw in a fun experience? Couples massages are intimate and relaxing, and you will be able to bond as your body improves. You can also opt to purchase a beauty salon gift certificate so that your significant other can update her look. If you are looking for something unique, why not opt for a photo studio session? The two of you can create beautiful pictures that you can share for years to come.
Top 5 Lucky Draw Gifts
A lucky draw gift is not meant to be a personal gift that reaches deep down into the heart. It is intended to be a gift for a co-worker, fellow student or friend that is chosen at random. If you are stuck trying to find the perfect lucky draw gift, you might want to consider one of these options:
- Chocolates – Sweets are the perfect gift for somebody you do not know very well. Many people enjoy indulging in sweets every once in a while, and this is a great gift for sharing at the office.
- Party Hosting Supplies – Celebrating Christmas is so common in Hong Kong that it makes sense to pass along some party supplies. Consider cooking materials like sauces and special seasonings to liven up that delicious turkey.
- Fun Novelties – Many office parties include fun gift exchanges. If you know somebody well enough, you can purchase a funny gift that is reminiscent of an event that happened earlier in the year. Everybody loves these fun reminders.
- Photo Albums – Digital photos might be taking over the world, but there are still plenty of reasons to print out photos. Purchase a photo album to remind your gift’s recipient to take time to treasure tradition. Nothing will beat the fun of going through memories in a photo book – even looking at photos on Facebook.
- Gift Hampers – Gift hampers can include each of these gifts and more. You can make your own unique gift hamper or purchase one from our vast collection. Gift Hampers Hong Kong offers exquisite options that your recipient will love. It all comes down to knowing your recipient’s personality and likes.
Gift Hampers Hong Kong
Whether you are trying to surprise the one you love or provide a lucky draw gift for a co-worker, a gift hamper can speak volumes. Here are a few of our favorites from this year’s collection:
Our Thankful Christmas gift hamper offers sweet indulgence in the form of chocolate, cocoa-covered pear truffles, raspberry twigs, biscuits, pretzels, tea and candy canes. Each of these gifts is placed in a beautifully woven basket.
The Aussie Xmas BBQ Hamper will help you celebrate Christmas in a unique way. What could be a better way to celebrate Christmas than to host a BBQ party? This gift hamper includes a bottle of red wine, six premium steaks, crackers and candy canes. Your recipient will love feeling like a host or hostess on the holiday.
Sweet Christmas is another of our most popular gift hampers. These gourmet treats will help your loved one indulge in a delicious treat without guilt. Gift items included in these baskets are tea, pear truffles, maltballs and other Christmas candy.
Hong Kong residents are eager to celebrate Christmas each year. Why not add to the festive nature of Christmas and purchase a wonderful gift hamper for your loved ones and friends this year?